Sunday, March 21, 2010

My blogs need more inventive titles. Any ideas?

So that everyone will know, these pictures are in reverse chronological order.
This is Zephne Larsen. She is sad because she has not put on her previous researcher's name properly on his box. Her sad face is supposedly saying "Sorry Joseph!!!" This past Thursday night Jessica and I plus one more friend went down to her lab to help her finish getting data for the spring research conference yesterday. A little last minute flurry ensued. We finally left with some crude initial data that looked not too horrible and left at 2:00 am. What fun! I personally presented at 9:30 am yesterday, and don't think that I did too bad!
Ducks! I found a bunch of ducks on the lawn outside to the JSB and they were all asleep, and I thought it was cool enough for not just one, but two pictures!

Jessica is taking a music class and needs to attend several concerts. She was also allowed to go to mass at the Cathedral of the Madeleine and count that if there was a live choir. So we went! The choir was very nice and I learned a lot. The bishop presided over the meeting. It just so happened that that day was also the day that they were going to place a time capsule in the corner of the cathedral. Here is a picture of the bishop putting the time capsule in the corner.
This is Jessica Morgan. She is resting on the wire mesh in the anechoic chamber. I took this picture because she kind of sorta not really looked like she was floating in the air. This was during one of our 5 minute breaks from homework. Homework and research basically govern our lives right now.
So we were doing optics in my Physics 245 class and for some reason, our batteries wouldn't work. So I pulled the batteries out to change them, and low and behold I found the reason that they weren't working.
Yep, the acid had leaked out. Not the prettiest thing that I've ever seen.
In addition to the dance that Jessica and I went to at her ward, my ward also hosted a party. It was called the Cinderella Ball, as those of us who don't have significant others would pick the shoe of one of the girls at the party beforehand, and then they would find out whose it was and they would become their dates. Interestingly, Alicia formerly Steagall and her husband Dan came as well. A little different for a singles ward, but hey, why not.
This was the first time that I had ever been in line for a test that reached out of the building and all the way to the JSB. The reason for it, however, was because of a printer problem, not excessively many tests.

2 comments:

  1. You should give us a tour of your apartment before you move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He just didn't do a good job, he won for his session!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! About nearly anything! Just don't mention koala bears!!!