Saturday, January 16, 2010

An interesting and varied life

This blog is devoted to pictures I have taken (somewhat) recently. After a picture I will give a brief explanation of it. If further details are desired, please comment!
This is just a really pretty scene I saw coming home one night. I usually come home at times when there is no sun.
This is me doing an experiment for class.
We were measuring current through salinated water.
We were trying to find out whether electrolysis depended on amount of surface area and distance.
We tried a couple of methods of showing this.
Our conclusion was that it does matter.
You can tell which side made hydrogen and which side made chlorine gas by the color of the water.
It was an interesting experiment.
And the crowd came a tumbling down...
BYU vs. UofU. I like the sea of blue and the oasis of red feeling.
Thanksgiving pies at the Oxboroughs!
I like ice cream. I like liquid nitrogen. I don't know if you can get much better than this!
This is a pretty scene that I saw. I'm not sure, but I think that it was coming back from the temple.
I have always wanted scriptures in a raisin box. Not really, but I really liked the idea. Maybe Kathryn could do something like this...
This is having too much fun with liquid nitrogen. This is the result of a wrench, water, nitrogen, water, nitrogen, water, nitrogen, water, ... , ... , ... , and then a torque. You can see the layers of ice if you look carefully.
This is a picture of a different experiment involving superconductors.
The great 2 meter stick balancing act. Sometimes the tutorial lab got kind of slow.
Provo temple.
Isn't it pretty?

Well, that's it for my brief summary. Let me know if more details on any of these are desired.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you should take a picture of..... :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! About nearly anything! Just don't mention koala bears!!!