Sunday, October 18, 2009

Finally! I am updating my blog!

This is a picture of Clara, Jordan and Crystal's daughter. In addition to it being really cute, it is the background of my phone, hence, here it is.
These are pictures from the Muhlestein family reunion. I finally got them on the computer.
Here is a pot that my Uncle Jim showed us on our trip.

This is a pretty sunset that I saw from my apartment building.


This is a rocket test put on by ATK, and my acoustics class came on a field trip here. It was really cool, and totally worth the four hours we spent total on the trip. It lasted about 2 minutes, and discharged a huge amount of fuel. Next to the plume it was about 1/3 the temperature of the sun. It also had about 150 dB at 40-50 Hz (really loud at low frequencies). We were a mile and a half away, and it was still really loud. After it had started it took the sound about five seconds to reach us. It was really, really cool. If anyone gets the chance to see one of these, you should take it.

This is after the rocket had finished. This huge plume of smoke looked like it was a volcano. A plane flew by afterward, and it apparently caused a huge fuss among authorities. I thought it looked nifty, so I took a picture.

Andrew Westover, my roommate and former mission companion, had a birthday, and he threw himself a party. He made shabu shabu, which literally means 'splash splash'. It was really tasty.


My acoustics class also went to Eagle Mountain and we did a survey of noise related issues from a skate park. It was really fun. This is my advisor, Dr. Gee.

This is a sound level meter, which we used to measure how loud things were at various places.

Here is a picture of some houses nearby the skate park. The most vocal complainer of the noise lives on the right-most house.

Here is a picture of the skate park and our little outpost (the blue tent on the left hand).

Here is our group. We ordered pizza, and they delivered to a blue tent in the middle of a field! It was also really, really good pizza. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience.

Pretty fall pictures around Provo.

Well, that concludes the various pictures that I have finally been able to put online. I lost my cord, but Daddy and Mother decided that I needed to get them online before Christmas, so I was allowed to borrow Daddy's cord. Life is going well, I'm busy and really enjoying physics. Perhaps a little too much...

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were living with a former companion. How fun. And how great that he makes Japanese food. :)
    The rocket looks cool--if you'd told me before instead of after, maybe I would have gone. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! About nearly anything! Just don't mention koala bears!!!